"The crew at Coastal Fencing were terrific to work with, very efficient, professional, and best of all, my glass pool fence looks STUNNING!!!"
James Thomas - 2016
Read more about what we do for our community
At Coastal Fencing Perth we offer a wide range of high quality glass balustrade for your pool, balcony or stairway. We offer a variety of glass pool fencing options including frameless and semi frameless.
For you convenience, we have gathered all the necessary resources you need. Although we explain everything you need to know over the phone, it's important to know the WA government place strict regulations on fencing. Please read further for more information.
Unfortunately we operate in a sector where our competitors offer much but can live up to the standards. Our Workmanship Warranty will protect you in case anything would go wrong in the future. Learn more about this vital service for all our services
- When it comes time to fence in a pool, there are many options for different fence types from which to choose, including chain-link, fiberglass and glass fences. Glass fencing is one of the most popular types homeowners can buy for their pools because it is so aesthetically pleasing. Glass fencing can be installed as frameless and semi-frameless.
- When it comes to having a frameless glass pool fence installed, there are a lot of different materials to consider. The most important material is the glass itself. Depending on the look that a homeowner is going for, there are several different lengths of glass panels from which to choose.
- As a general rule, most glass panels range from 600 to 2,000 millimeters in length.
- Most contractors will not work with glass panels that are more than 2,000 millimeters in length because the glass is more likely to bend and break.
- As a standard, frameless glass pool fencing is generally made using 12-millimeter-thick glass.
- It is not unheard of to see glass that is 8 or 10 millimeters thick. The thicker the glass, the stronger it is, but it also costs more.
- The glass panels each have beveled edges to keep them from being sharp.
- The two other materials that are used to create a frameless glass fence are the gates and fixtures. The fixtures attach to concrete in the ground, and the glass panels securely fit into them. The fixtures have to be strong and resist corrosion since they will be near water. Most frameless glass fences come with gates that are 1,200 millimeters high and 834 millimeters wide.
- Frameless glass fencing does not obstruct a homeowner's view and is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
- It works well with any style or theme already present around the pool.
- Glass fences are extremely durable and hold up better to weather than wood.
- Unlike metal fences, glass fences are resistant to chemical corrosion. This is good considering the glass will be subjected to the chemicals found in pools, such as chlorine.
- Fences keep animals and kids from running around the pool or accidentally falling in.
- Just like any other type of home improvement project, there are many factors that affect the cost of this project. For example, the thicker the glass is, the higher the cost of materials will be.
- Another consideration that affects the cost of this kind of project is how many gates the homeowner wants to install. The gates require special materials, so adding more gates equals a higher price.
- The price of labor will be another big factor that affects the cost of installing a frameless glass fence. Contractors like us who are licensed and insured are going to cost more than contractors who are not. You are much better off going with a licensed and insured contractor like us to ensure everything is installed properly and is warranted.
- Frameless glass fences have a lot of different uses. In general, homeowners use glass fences when they want to put a fence around something to keep out small children and animals without blocking the view of the area they are protecting. Glass fences are able to do this, which is why they are popular as a type of pool fence. A few other uses for which people use frameless glass fences include:
- To protect a flower garden from animals
- As railing around an open deck or patio
- As a fence around the front of a property to keep animals out of the front of homeowners' yards without blocking the view of their homes
What some of our customers say about us...
After a lot of research online I decided to go with Coastal Fencing. They did a great job explaining how they work and what type of fence that would suit my needs. The job was quoted accurately, was done efficiently and the final product was perfect - will recommend to friends.